October 8, 2010

Happy Friday! Milk + Honey


I love honey. I don't know if you've ever come across one of those people who likes something so much that they'll put it in/on just about anything? I'm like that with honey. Which is why when I heard someone mention 'hot milk and honey' the other day, I just about lost it. How had I not thought of that before?? I've even read the bible a few times, but I suppose the phrase 'milk and honey' just never connected in my brain as things you could eat together.

A few nights ago I tried it out. I microwaved an 8 ounce glass of milk for 30 seconds, then drizzled a little honey in it, and then continued to microwave it for 30 seconds. (I waited to stir the honey in until I had microwaved it the second time, so it could get real nice and hot-like). Seriously? You need to try this, at least once in your life. If you drink soy milk, you're still going to have to try it with that, because this stuff is magical. It's so warm and smooth and sweet, without being too sweet. I've made it every day since. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but for now, we'll say yes.

6 comments:

  1. I use honey in a lot of sauces and just looked up the calories the other day. Dang, no wonder it tastes good! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's true, unfortunately. For a while I tried to avoid it, but I can't; it's in my DNA to love honey. So now I just make sure to do lots of running every week, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey on pizza is the best. If you haven't tried it, you should. I just stumbled on your blog via Dinosaur Toes. I'm interested to see your new Etsy shop. Cheers!

    sarah

    http://sadiedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so i suppose i shouldn't tell you that my husband and i have several hives of bees from which we collect fresh honey a few times a year? it's good, and this may sound weird, but after i help with the honey (since it gets caked all over my hands), my skin is SO soft!

    thanks so much for the comment you left me. i actually know EXACTLY how you felt about your brother leaving. my younger brother (who is my best friend) lived with my husband and i for two years, and when he left to move to pennsylvania, it felt like my heart was ripped out! it took forever for me to get over him not being here to do things with me. this is really crazy, but i even cried one night when i looked at a lamp that i bought while he was with me!

    sometimes i hate that we feel so many emotions, but i guess if we didn't, it'd be a pretty boring life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only recently embraced honey - it was never something we had when I was young. I love it drizzled on yogurt with granola and have even drizzled it on a toasted bagel with peanut butter and banana! I'll try it with milk today - it sounds great.
    Thanks for popping by my blog and your lovely Thanksgiving wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. See its things like this, that sound all warm and cozy and make me want to cuddle up with cashmere...

    ReplyDelete