October 2, 2010

The Zooey


I decided to try my hand at a pincushion yesterday. I didn't get to finish it yesterday because I had to go have some fun at my friend's house, so I was very happy to finish it up this morning. I call it "The Zooey", and when I open my Etsy shop on the 15th, you'll be able to take her home! And stick pins in her. Please be gentle.

This week it rained for 3 days. Around here it floods pretty bad after even a normal amount of rain, so you can imagine the mayhem that accompanied the tropical storm. A woman on Monticello Avenue had to be rescued by boat, man, it was pretty ridiculous. But I'm so glad now that it did pour like it did, because last night as I went to get a glass of water before bed, I felt a cool breeze rush in from an open window. And this morning I awoke to pure blue skies, more brisk gusts of wind, and the sounds of crows (admittedly not the most enjoyable of noises, but welcome for what they represent nonetheless). I wanted to do something to celebrate the arrival of fall, my favorite season, so this pincushion is decorated with red, yellow, and goldenrod leaves and a bright and happy sunburst on the top. And with this one little project, I say goodbye to stifling humidity and hot vinyl car seats, and a big hello to crunchy leaves and sweater-weather.

You know what this means. It's apple crisp time. ;)


1 comment:

  1. I love your pincushion. It probably helped to take a break in between finishing it and visiting your friend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete